I’m working on a writing question and need an explanation to help me learn.
you will be writing a 5 page paper
Updates, expands, or complicates one of Lazzari and Schlesier’s themes presented in the textbook (Food & Shelter; Reproduction & Sexuality; Deities & Places of Worship; Morality & Immortality; Power, Politics, & Glory; Social Protest / Affirmation;
- Mind & Body; Race, Gender, Clan, & Class; Nature, Knowledge, & Technology; Entertainment & Visual Culture; Art in Your Life)
In your final project, you must:
- IDENTIFY the artists, artwork titles, dates, countries/cultures of origin, art historical movements (if applicable), and medium or locations.
- ANALYZE the formal and stylistic elements of your chosen artworks (remember that formal analysis does not = just observation or description; analysis = finding meaning).
- INTERPRET any iconography, symbolism, motifs/tropes, or other significant/meaningful visual elements within your selected artworks.
- CONTEXTUALIZE the artworks within their larger historical and cultural moments (ie: what was happening in society and history at the time of its creation; how do these artworks and artists reflect and/or speak back to these events or issues?).
- DEVELOP AN ARGUMENT that either updates on of the themes proposed by Lazzari and Schlesier, or that creates a new theme by finding at least 2 new artworks and conducting formal analysis and historical/cultural interpretation. Show your reader how your selected artworks are speaking to and/or against your theme in a way that puts different images, time periods, and cultures into conversation with each other. You can be interpretative and have a POV, but your arguments should be supported by specific facts and evidence grounded in formal analysis and historical/cultural research.
Length and Format requirements for your Final Project:
- ~ 5 pages of written text; you can include images, but they do not count towards your page count.
- MLA format
- 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins.
- A works cited page (does not count toward your page count).
Your grade will be determined by your ability to: I need this project 100 % perfect please make sure to go over it and do not miss anything its worth 400 points it is my final project for my art appreciation class
- Conduct formal analysis by correctly identify elements of form and style.
- Offer an original and insightful analysis of how the form and content of art pieces reflect and shape historical and cultural ideas.
- Apply historical knowledge, cultural contextualization, and theoretical interpretations to your discussion.
- Create a compelling argument that either updates one of Lazzari and Schlesier’s themes or offers a new, original one.
- Use effective rhetoric and proper grammar/spelling.