I’m working on a global studies practice test / quiz and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Discuss how Chinese immigrants to the US were treated including examples of legislation passed.
Which of the following statements best describes China’s response when accused by other nations of human rights violations, according to reading in the third topic?
- China’s domestic policies are none of the world’s business.
- The US violates human rights due to gun violence, the lack of health care for all citizens, poor race relations, and the Muslim ban.
- China has a good human rights record because its people are fed, clothed, educated, housed, and have medical care.
- a and c only
What were the main provisions of the Treaty of Kanagawa?
Describe the “One-China” policy including when it developed and the president who agreed to it.
Describe what life was like for the Japanese while under American occupation after World War 2.
- Reading 1.1: Opium, Colonialism, and Trade
“Behind the Headlines” Rebellions, Wars, and Insurgencies in the Philippines, from PBS Frontline.
“1898-1933–America’s Colony” Rebellions, Wars, and Insurgencies in the Philippines, from PBS Frontline.
The US and the Opening to Japan, 1853
- US-China Relations–A Brief Historical Perspective
- Lau, J. (2011, Aug. 18). Highlighting differences in interpretations of the Opium War. New York Times.Read first two sections: 1st one by Ian Johnson and 2nd one by Howard French.
- The US and the Opening to Japan, 1853
- Johnson, I and French, H. (2017, March 22). How China’s history shapes, and warps, its policies today. Foreign Policy.
Reading 2.1: Japan and Korea
- From Independence to War.
- Occupation and Reconstruction of Japan, 1945-52.
Reading 3.1: Relations in China
- US-China Relations Since 1949
- They Are Slaughtering Us Like Animals
- Philippines’ Duterte Is A Divisive Figure, Even Abroad
Reading 3.2: Fighting Illegal Drugs in the Philippines