I will attach the slides for Chapters 9 and 10, the guidelines and the book
Chapter 9 is titled “Supplier Diversity” and includes the following topics:
- Definition of diversity
- Certification of small businesses
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council
- The business case for diversity
- Best practices and supplier diversity
- Global supplier diversity
- Advocacy organizations
Chapter 10 is titled “Sustainability” and includes the following topics:
- Definition of sustainability
- Specific challenges of sustainability
- Waste reduction
- Hazardous materials
- Carbon footprint
- Ozone depletion
- Guidelines for ISO 14,001
Wharton Magazine: “Supply Chain Diversity: More Than Quotas” Link to article: https://magazine.wharton.upenn.edu/digital/supply-chain-diversity-more-than-quotas/ (Links to an external site.)
Wharton Magazine: “Four Supplier Diversity Reporting Trends” Link to article: https://magazine.wharton.upenn.edu/digital/four-supplier-diversity-reporting-trends/ (Links to an external site.)
- Many organizations are working toward more diversity in their workforce, their executive teams, and supplier networks. How should metrics of diversity be reported for publicly traded companies?
- Many organizations are improving efforts to increase the sustainability of their organizations. How should metrics of sustainability be reported for publicly traded companies?
- How can diversity and sustainability help firms to achieve a competitive advantage?
- Please provide an insightful question about supplier diversity and sustainability.
Due dates: =======================================================
>Initial comments to questions: Thursday, April 1st at 11:59 p.m. Central Time
>Responses to other students: Sunday, April 4th at 11:59 p.m. Central Time