Feature Film Reflection
Please choose one film you have not seen from the following list:
- A League of Their Own (1992)
- Rudy (1993)
- Coach Carter (2005)
- Million Dollar Baby (2004)
- Warrior (2011)
- Murderball (2005)
*Murderball is rated R, but if the language and sexual content would not offend you, I highly recommend this documentary about quad rugby.
Identify two short clips (~3 minutes each) from a feature film that depicts key topics outlined in the syllabus. In your reflection of the feature film and those specific clips, please include:
- A brief overview of the chosen clips
- Contextualize the scenarios with respect to the story
- Highlight the psychological theory that can be used to explain what is happening in each clip
- Include key research (recent journal articles) you could use to explain what you are seeing
- Be specific! Reference scholarly sources to confirm your interpretation of the clips and application of the theories or concepts.
- Describe how you might use these clips as a sports psychologist.
- How? Who? When? Why?