Choose a journal article related to project status reporting, budgeting, or risk analysis (do not re-use a journal from a prior course). Write a 2-3 page review of your chosen journal article. Please choose a peer reviewed journal, and an article that has been published in the past five (5) years.
The review should contain the journal article title, author’s name and year of publication.
Your paper should contain the following headings:
- Summary of the article
- Relevant points made by the author
- Critique of the article
- Application of the concepts in the article
You are going to review a single journal article, therefore your reference page should only contain the information from the article you reviewed. There is no need to introduce other journals into this paper.
- Activity I: A young engineer decides to save $240 per year toward retirement in 40 years.
- If he invests this sum at the end of every year at 9%, then how much will be accumulated by retirement time?
- If by astute investing the interest rate could be raised to 12%, then what sum could be saved?
- If he deposits one fourth of this annual amount each quarter ($60 per quarter) in an interest bearing account earning a nominal annual interest rate of 12%, compounded quarterly, how much could be saved by retirement time?
- In part (c), then what annual effective interest rate is being earned?
Activity II: Maurice Micklewhite has decided to replant his garden. Show him what the cost is of making an erroneous decision at various stages of the project, starting with conceptual design and ending with the ongoing maintenance of the garden.The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used
The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to project management. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used