Your facilitator assigns each Learning Team a case study scenario from the University of Phoenix Material: Week Five Learning Team Case Studies. You are a new management team appointed to finding a solution to your given scenario.
Case Scenario 1
The Director Team at St. Francis Nursing Home has been asked to create and implement a program to retain nurses. Nursing staff collectively felt that their administration did not fully understand a nurse’s job duties and did not provide a way for the nurses to share their concerns about the work environment. Morale is low, and nurses have been resigning at a rapid pace. They are currently at a turnover rate of 22%.
Use the steps of the decision-making process regarding your assigned scenario.
Create a 4-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that addresses the following:
- Identify the purpose.
- What are the challenges for management?
- Set the criteria.
- As a management team, what goals do you want to achieve?
- Weight the criteria.
- Rank your goals in order of importance to management.
- Seek alternatives.
- What alternative tools might management use to motivate staff? How would a leader use these tools to motivate staff? Will the leaders and managers motivate staff differently?
- What tips do you have for the management team to empower staff?
- Test alternatives.
- How can positive modeling be used in this scenario? What alternatives do you have for modeling?
- How can management incorporate mentorship into daily responsibilities?
- How will you address resistance from staff? What issues might impede the achievement of goals?
- Evaluate the action.
- How will you measure your goals to ensure success?
- What are the ethical considerations in leadership and management?
- What other management decisions must be considered in your scenario to improve employee morale? How will the success of these be measured?
Cite a minimum of five references.
Format your references consistent with APA guidelines.