In the land of free trade the public does not view all industriesas equal. Do you believe that is ethical? Do you believe that some industriesare unfairly targeted? Should it be consumers’ choice to partake in productsthat are not healthy for them, or do those companies have an ethical obligationto protect people? In this assignment you will choose one (1) industry to writeabout. Possible industries to research could be tobacco, soda, alcohol,casinos, or candy companies, just to name a few.
Write a one and a half to two (1 ½ – 2) page paper in which you:
1. Becomean advocate for either the consumer or the industry. Prepare an argumentexplaining the major reasons why you support either the consumer or theindustry.
2. Explainthe role capitalism plays in corporate decision-making.
3. Discussif you believe it is possible for a company to cater to both its best interestand that of the consumer conjointly or if one always has to prevail. Justifyyour response.
4. Use atleast two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and otherWebsites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed,double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch marginson all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specificformat. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include acover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, theprofessor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and thereference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with thisassignment are:
- Determine theconsiderations for and process of ethical business decision making tobalance corporate and social responsibilities and address moral, economic,and legal concerns.
- Analyzeselected business situations using the predominant ethical theories, suchas utilitarian, Kantian, and virtue ethics to guide ethical businessdecision making.
- Usetechnology and information resources to research issues in businessethics.
- Write clearlyand concisely about business ethics using proper writing mechanics.
MUST BE ORIGINAL