Read the “Numbers Can be Worth a Thousand Pictures: IndividualDifferences in Understanding Graphical and Numerical Representations ofHealth-Related Information” article prior to answering. Informeddecision making in the mental health and medical professions requiresthe ability to understand and effectively communicate statisticalinformation. For this discussion, address the following in your post:
- Select one mental health disorder of your choice based on a valid diagnostic category in the DSM-5.
- Research the disorder and locate relevant statistics obtainedwithin the past 7 years regarding overall prevalence, gender and agedifferences, and treatment options.
- Present this information in the discussion forum in two formats:Format 1 for individuals with high graph literacy; Format 2: forindividuals with low graphic literacy but high numerical literacy. Information regarding each of these two formats is discussed in theassigned article.
- Be sure to include your references in your discussion post, thatare formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford WritingCenter.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers. Inyour response, address the following points, which are based on thedescriptions in the article by Gaissmaier, et. al, (2012):
- How effectively did your peers present the data? Ask clarification questions for any information presented that is unclear.
- What did you learn from the ways in which your classmates reported their data that you had not considered?