Project Deliverable 1: Project Plan Inception
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a project introduction and a Gantt chart or project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.Label each file name according to the section of the assignment forwhich it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume allnecessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
You have been made the Chief Information Officer and Chief TechnologyOfficer (CIO / CTO) of an innovative e-Commerce start-up company that aventure capital group has funded. The CEO has given you sixty (60) daysto deliver an information technology project plan in anticipation ofthe company locating to a new facility. Since this is a start-upcompany, there is currently no building or technology infrastructure tosupport the business. All information technology (hardware and software)must be implemented in either a hosted solution, on-site solution or ahybrid model. The CEO is expecting you to integrate differenttechnologies from different partners and incorporate industry bestpractices in connection with the development of technological systems.The new facility is a two-story stand-alone building. The companycurrently consists of ten (10) employees with revenues of $5 million butis expected to grow to thirty (30) employees with revenue of $30million over the next two (2) years.
Section 1: Project Introduction
1.Write a two to four (2-4) page project introduction that includes the following:
a.Background information of the company.
b.The type of business in which the company is involved.
c.A description of the information systemsthat the company should have to support the business. The descriptionshould include the following:
vi.human computer interaction
d.The use of at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APAor school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, thestudent’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.The cover page and the reference page are not included in the requiredassignment page length.
Section 2: Gantt Chart / Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project or an open source alternative, such as Open Project, to:
2.Create a Gantt chart or project plan (summary and detailed) template. The Gantt chart or project plan should:
a.Record all tasks, subtasks, resources, and time related to the project.
b.Outline the planning, analysis, design, and implementation phases.
c.Develop in accordance with the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the various integrative functions and processes within theinformation systems area, including databases, systems analysis,security, networking, computer infrastructure, human computerinteraction, and Web design.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate organizational issues with integrative technological solutions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices inthe information technology domain using proper writing mechanics andtechnical style conventions.