In this assignment, begin by taking a retrospective look at your lifehistory, to discuss which aspects of your personality have remained consistentand which aspects of your personality have changed over time. Then, analyze theroles of nature and nurture in shaping your personality. Subsequently, discusspossible sources of inaccuracy and bias in any retrospective analysis. Finally,discuss the reasons why systematic scientific studies are considered morevaluable than individual accounts.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Reflect on your life history and discuss which aspects of your personalityhave changed over time and which aspects have stayed consistent.
- Based on your retrospective analysis, describe the roles of nature andnurture in shaping your personality. Reflect on your justification fordistinguishing between nature and nurture.
- Discuss the possible sources of bias and inaccuracy whenever a person looksback on their past history. Be sure to discuss factors related to memory andfactors related to cognition.
- Describe why the science of psychology places more emphasis on results basedon scientific studies than it does on personal experience andanecdotes.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for your papershould be your own experience and the Webtext. For this reason, APA citationsand references are not required for this assignment.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page andthe reference page are not included in the required page length.