Two separate questions:
LA 8-1: Carefully explain why 3 learning insights you gained from your Final Assignment will impact your career.
LA 8-2: Your best friend leads the worst performing unit in their company and wants your BPI advice. What 3 keys techniques from our course would you share with her … and why?
Final Assignment for 8-1 discussion:
Step 1: Submit Phase 1 to Discussion area in week 3 for approval by instructor.
Step 2: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be between 2-3 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page.
Step 3: Review the grading rubric for the assignment.
Step 4: Follow this format:
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructor’s name;
- Body, in paragraph form using the following section headings:
- Summary paragraph
Step 5: In writing this assignment, the writing is in the third person. What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person
Step 6: In writing this assignment, students are asked to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. View the sample APA paper under Week 1 content
Step 7: In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes. Learn to paraphrase by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html
Step 8: In your paper, respond to the following questions:
- Introduction describing the process and the tools that will be used to analyze and redesign the process;
- Heading One: A flow chart that identifies the existing process state and project with discussion of its formation;
- Heading Two: Select a team to work on the project and explain why they have been chosen;
- Heading Three: Create a charter plan and explain its major points with the reasons for the choices;
- Heading Four: Create a Revised Flow Chart with new design and include a discussion on its major points with the reasons for the choices;
- Heading Five: Explain the redesign;
- Heading Six: Create a Control Chart with a discussion of the control and improvement measurements;
- Heading Seven: Create a plan for implementation and change explain its major points with the reasons for the choices;
- In a page, explain how the process worked and the reasoning behind the decisions.
Step 11: Create the introductory paragraph. The introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper but is typically written after writing the body of the paper (Questions students responded to above). View this website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
Step 12: Write a summary paragraph. A summary paragraph restates the main idea(s) of the essay. Make sure to leave a reader with a sense that the essay is complete. The summary paragraph is the last paragraph of a paper.