As it talks about creating a PP from assignment 2; attached is the paper for assignment 2
It is your responsibility as the HR Director of the same organizationfrom Assignment 2 to a) create policies regarding pay and benefits forthe selected job opportunity, and b) develop methods for both addressingunionization and implementing OSHA regulations. You will present yourfindings to the Vice President of Human Resources for approval.
In preparation for this assignment, review the following articles on contractors vs. employees and temp workers:
- “Distinguishing Independent Contractors and Employees”
- “The Expendables: How the Temps Who Power Corporate Giants Are Getting Crushed”
Create a PowerPoint presentation with fifteen to twenty (15-20) slides in which you:
- Create a Wage and Hour standard for the job opportunity that you hadselected in Assignment 2, and support your standard by using the FairLabor Standards Act (FLSA) and Equal Pay Act to prevent any potentialdiscriminatory impact.
- Decide on three (3) benefits required for the job opportunity usingERISA. Propose two (2) methods that the employer can use in order tomanage the fiduciary duties wisely and with the employees’ bestinterests in mind. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Elaborate on two (2) rights regarding unionization that Section 7 ofthe NLRA guarantees. Next, examine two (2) unfair labor practices, andargue the importance of your organization refraining from using suchpractices during any self-organization and collective bargainingactivities. Explore two (2) potential repercussions of an organization’sinterference with self-organization and collective bargainingpractices.
- Propose three (3) ways to discourage employees from consideringunionization. Then, compose one (1) strategy for championing asupportive and satisfying work environment within the organization.
- Select one (1) OSHA violation case, and determine whether theresulting penalties were sufficient to deter the organization inquestion from repeating the same violative action. Justify yourresponse.
- Outline a plan for investigating workplace injuries, and formulate apolicy that explains the process for filing a worker’s compensationclaim within the selected organization.
- Narrate each slide, using a microphone, and indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide andrelevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring thatthe presentation is visually appealing and readable from eighteen (18)feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, thestudent’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop policies that are compliant with employment laws.
- Evaluate an organization’s physical environment and determine criteria that ensure occupational safety.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic.