Babycakes,a specialty bakery, is the company that will be considered for allparts of your budget planning and control report. For this assignment,you will develop a three to four (3 – 4) page paper in which youaddress the following.
- Briefly discuss the ways a realistic budget will benefit the owner of Babycakes versus having no budget at all. Be sure to use Babycakes as the company and any specific product details in your explanation.
- Prepare a sales budget for the LA Babycakes store for the 4th quarter of 2016. Presentthe number of units, sales price, and total sales for each month;include October, November, and December, and a total for the quarter.Use one-half of the Valentine’s Day sales as the basis for a usual dayin the new quarter. Use 30 days for each month. Calculate the totalsales for each month for October, November, and December.
- Createthree (3) new products, one (1) for each of the three (3) holidayseasons in the 4th quarter. Estimate the sales units, sales price, andtotal sales for each month. Describe the assumptions used to make theseestimates. Include an overview of the budget in the report, presentingthe actual budget as an appendix with all data and calculations. Addthese amounts to your sales budget.
- The owner of Babycakesis interested in preparing a flexible budget rather than the staticbudget she currently uses. She does not understand why, when salesincrease, her static budget often shows an unfavorable variance.Explain how a flexible budget will overcome this problem. Use thedetails of your newly prepared budget for the 4th quarter of 2016 toaddress her concern.
- Imagine that Babycakes is facing afinancial challenge that is causing the actual amount of money that itspends to become significantly more than its budgeted amount. Include adiscussion of your own unique cause of the overspending. Explain thecorrective actions needed to address these challenges.
- Integrate relevant information from at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements.
- Betyped, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA orschool-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title ofthe assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the coursetitle, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are notincluded in the required page length.
- An abstract is not required.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluatemanagement control systems and examine their relationship withaccounting and planning, including feedback and non-ﬁnancialperformance measurements.
- Evaluate decision-making tools for capital investments, budgeting, and budgeting controls.
- Analyze financial accounting tools and techniques that convert financial accounting data into information for decision making.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial accounting for managers.
- Write clearly and concisely about financial accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Before approaching this assignment, be sure that you have watched the following video.
- Budgetary Planning featuring Babycakes *FULL VIDEO*. (2016). YouTube on Google