Case Study 1: Introduction to Software Architecture
Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
Read the following case studies in the article titled “CaseStudy1IntroductiontoSoftwareArchitecture.pdf ” and
complete this case study assignment.
- 4.1 Case Study 1: Key Word in Context
- 4.2 Case Study 2: Instrumentation Software
- 4.3 Case 3: A fresh View of Compiler
The article is an overview of the topic of software architecture and
contains several brief case studies in Chapter 4. Each case study offers its own
attributes in regard to the approach of software architecture that the author is
addressing and when read together it allows for compressions to be made.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Identify both the similarities and the challenges that the architects faced
in each of the cases.
- Compare and contrast each architectural solution and determine which
solution provided the optimal results in the first case study titled “Key World
in Context”. Justify your answer.
- Compare and contrast the differences in architecting systems that are
specific to a particular domain versus systems that are far less domain
- Explain how developing domain-specific software affects the planning and
testing phases of the software development life cycle.
- given the flow of process involved with compiling code, select another
application which is not related to compiling or intercepting code that could
borrow from either architecture of compliers presented in the third case.
Justify your selection.
- Explain how architecting systems provide a means to deliver a product that
was in line with the requirements based on the information you gathered from the
three (3) cases.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.