Throughout the course, you have studied and written about a number of counseling theories that are used as the basis for the counseling profession. In this paper, choose a theory and compare it against each of the following three theories:
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
Choose a theory that you have studied in this course. Do not choose one of the three theories listed above.
Compare your selected theory against the three theories listed above.
Write a 1,500-2,000-word paper discussing your theory comparisons. Include the following in your paper:
Part 1: Selected Theory
- Founding theorist(s) for the selected theory
- Standard interventions for the selected theory
- At least three main concepts of the selected theory
Part 2: Cognitive Behavior Theory (CBT)
- Founding theorist(s) for CBT
- Standard interventions for CBT
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and CBT
Part 3: Solution-Focused Theory
- Founding theorist(s) for solution-focused theory
- Standard interventions for solution-focused theory
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and solution-focused theory
Part 4: Psychoanalysis
- Founding theorist(s) for psychoanalysis
- Standard interventions for psychoanalysis
- Similarities and differences between your selected theory and psychoanalysis
Include at least three scholarly references in your paper in addition to the course textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
**Make sure each paragraph has five to seven sentences and in-text citation within each paragraph and include a reference page**
******THEORIES THAT I HAVE STUDIED WITHIN THE COURSE******
Feminist, Solution-Focused, and Narrative Theory
Neoanalytic, Jungian, and Individual Psychology Theory
Person-Centered, Existential, and Gestalt Theory
Behavioral Theory and Rational Emotive Behavior Theory
Cognitive, Cognitive Behavioral, and Reality Theory