For this week’s assignment, you will write a 1-2 page essay aboutcriminal behavior. Be sure to address all prompts and cite your sourcesin APA format. This is worth 100 points, so be thorough and give yourbest effort.
There are many theories which attempt to explain criminalbehavior. Human behavior is very complicated. There are many theoriesbecause no single theory can explain every type of behavior exhibited.Instead of focusing on specific criminal behavior, examine why people donot engage in crime. To prepare for this week’s graded activities,please review the study guide for this week. It will give you a briefsummation of the material for this lesson. This is not a comprehensivelist of the information, so you will still need to read the textbook.
For this week’s individual work, please respond to the following question:
- How would you explain why a person, who mayhave some of the individual conditions or disorders discussed inthe chapter, as well as negative family and community influences,refrains from becoming a violent offender?
This essay should include the following:
- An in-depth submission that should be free of spelling and grammar errors and is 1-2 pages in length.
- You will be assessed on the rationale you use inaddressing the questions/issue posted, and how well you justify yourargument regarding this issue.
- Your response must be thought-provoking, havewell-developed ideas, and should reference (per APA) any supportingmaterial from the text, lecture, or other sources you have used tocomplete the assignment.
- Please remember that your individual work should be paraphrased. Thismeans you must write the paper in your own words. You must not simplyfind an article and cut and paste it and submit it as your assignment.
- In addition, you should use scholarly resourcesto support your claims. Quotations are acceptable, but should be usedsparingly. At least 85% of your paper should be written in your ownwords. Citing your work and giving authors appropriate credit is veryimportant. If an idea is not your own, you must cite your work – thisincludes paraphrasing. (Please refer to the school’s plagiarism policyfor more information).