Choose a major change that your current or former organization experienced in the past 2 years.
- Describe the change.
- How did the organization prepare for the change? What went right? What went wrong?
- What was leadership’s role in the change? Could it have been improved? If so, how?
Based on the example of organizational change that you discussed in Part 1, answer the following:
- What could your organization have done to make this type of organizational change a more efficient experience for all of the stakeholders involved?
- What key things should a leader know about organizational change theory and process?
- What key things should a leader know how to implement to avoid or resolve conflict during change?
- What role does motivation theory play, as it is applied in organizational change efforts?