Special Education LawReview
Using the information from the readings for this week, prepare a three- tofour-page written paper summarizing IDEA, NCLB, ADA, and Section 504 of theRehabilitation Act. Discuss the following elements:
- The purpose or main function of each law and how theyrelate to special education in public schools
- The six principles of IDEA
- The six principles of NCLB
- The important elements of Section 504 and ADA. Discussthe difference between Section 504 and IDEA
- The significance of educators having knowledge of theselaws when educating students with disabilities
The paper must be three to four pages in length,not including title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style.You must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook tosupport your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on thereferences page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit theAshford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the leftnavigation toolbar in your online course.