Adapting Lesson Plans for an Inclusive Classroom
Using one (or more) of the freeresources below, write a three- to four-page critique of three lesson plans(one Grade K-5 lesson, one Grade 7-8 lesson, and one high school lesson) inregard to addressing the needs of students with learning disability (LD) orcommunication disorder (CD). Make sure to include at least one additionalscholarly source beyond those listed below. Your critique should addressthe following elements:
- Determine the elements of each lesson that wouldbe specifically helpful in addressing the needs of a student with LD orCD.
- Generate ideas for adaptations that you mightmake to the lesson to more effectively support students with disabilities.Discuss research-based strategies that could be used to enhance learningin the lesson.
- Identify and describe potential accommodations,modifications, or supplemental services within the context of the lessonthat could support the needs of students with LD or CD.
- Generate at least five ways that a teacher couldleverage learning strategies, social interactions, and behavior supportswithin the lesson to address student needs.
Sources for lesson plans:
- Discovery Education
- Digital History
- Hotchalk Lesson Plans Page
- Lessons Plans
- PBS Teachers
Your critique must be three to four pages inlength, not including title and reference pages, and must be in APA format.
Carefully review the GradingRubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.