1. Use the APA formatted Microsoft Word document template in Doc Sharing titled “Unit 4 Assignment
Globalization” as the starting point. Download the template and save it as your own document, for example,
2. Write an APA formatted 4–6 pages paper, exclusive of the Title and References pages.
3. In your paper, address the following requirements using the directions included within the Unit 4 Assignment
4. Write your paper using third person perspective (do not use first or second person pronouns; (e.g. “I”, “me”,
5. In your paper, apply the 21 elements from the Contemporary Value Chain model, plus additional decision-
making factors (all listed below) to evaluate the impact of globalization on a value chain. Here is the list of
considerations that need to be addressed in the paper; all are related to the ultimate goal to earn customer value
(includes customer delight and profitability). Within each element, describe what decisions may need to be made,
for what reason, by whom, for what reason and how the elements are interrelated.
21 Value Chain Elements
2. Competitive advantage
3. Corporate social responsibility
5. Customer need
6. External resources
9. Idea generation
10. Information management
13. People – human resources
14. People – customers
15. People – shareholders
16. Political (external)
17. Political (internal)
18. Product development
20. Supply chain management
Unit 4 [GB570: Managing the Value Chain]
21. Technological considerations.
6. Include a conclusion summarizing the paper’s content without introducing any new information.
7. Support your response’s content with at least three separate applied and cited references. Accepted sources
are: Kaplan Library article(s) and your textbook. No other internet references are acceptable for the Unit 4
Assignment. Apply and cite no more than one referenced sentence per paragraph. Not every paragraph requires
use of a reference; originality is appreciated. Use APA in-text citations within the response and list the applied
reference(s) at the end of the response using APA formatting. APA formatting resources are available in Kaplan’s
Writing Center in the “Research, Citation, and Plagiarism” area.
8. Proofread your paper, confirm correct APA formatting, run spell check and grammar check, and proofread
again. Submit your completed paper into the Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox.