Identify a growth industry, a mature industry, and a declining industry. For each industry, identify the following;
- the number and size distribution of companies;
- the nature of barriers to entry;
- the height of barriers to entry; and (d) the extent of product differentiation.
Once you have identified an example for each, then, answer the following questions:
- What do these factors tell you about the nature of competition in each industry?
- What are the implications for the company in terms of opportunities and threats?