CASE STUDY: adidas Group: IT Multi-Sourcing at adidas
Prepare adidas case for class discussion.Prepare a brief write-up (no more than 5 pages) on the case addressingfollowing issues:
· Which kind of riskwould diminish with multi-sourcing? Which kind of risk are enhance?
· Multisourcing incontext of automobile industry, mentioned at a few places in the case, probablymeans sourcing for parts from different suppliers. Is that a good parallel forIT services consumed by a firm?
· Is the term multisourcing applied to service delivery as well as project delivery?
· What are IT relatedcapabilities need to achieve goals specified on page 4? Do these capabilitieswere already available to adidas in 2012?
· Is the IT governancewell defined at adidas? Will you describe IT governance as centralized,decentralized, or hybrid? Did it achieve high level of business and ITalignment?
· Would you be ratheramong the top ten customers of a service provider than 257 of large serviceprovider? After all the large service provider most got to where it is byexcelling in servicing its customers.
· Why would questions“What functions or tasks should I outsource?” and “What do I want tointernally?” lead to different answer? Aren’t these two questions two sides ofthe same coin?
· Does adidas really needCMMI level 5 and CMMI level 4 vendors?
· Who would bear thecost of going through the learning curve to understand clients business?
· If the overall projectis given to a single vendor who then engages other vendors, will we still callit multi sourcing? Wasn’t Adidas creating and artificial layer of bureaucracy?