|Description:||The purpose of this activity is for you to more deeply examine your organization.
Our organization is “IMCOM ACES” (Installation Management Command Army continuing Education Systems). PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MY ORGANIZATION:
I work at the Army Education Center as an “Army Education counselor” and we fall under IMCOM ACES organization.
|Instructions||: The first step is to Identify your organization’s major systems. The next step is to identify for each system its associated variables or subsystems. The final step is to identify each variable as either a “plus” (strength) or a “minus” (weakness) and explain why you see it that way. Please provide at least three systems and three-to-six variables (subsystems) per system.
For example, you might decide that “Resources” is a system and some of the variables (subsystems) within that are Supplies, Equipment, Funds – do you consider those to be “pluses” (strengths) or “minuses” (weaknesses) and why?
1. Enter the name of your System #1 and three to six variables or “sub-systems” for System #1.
1. For the variables, or “sub-systems” in System #1, describe each as either a “plus” or a “minus” with a brief explanation of why the variable is a “plus” or a minus”
1. Enter the name of your System #2 and three to six variables or “sub-systems” for System #2.
1. For the variables, or “sub-systems” in System #2, describe each as either a “plus” or a “minus” with a brief explanation of why the variable is a “plus” or a minus”
1. Enter the name of your System #3 and three to six variables or “sub-systems” for System #3.
1. For the variables, or “sub-systems” in System #3, describe each as either a “plus” or a “minus” with a brief explanation of why the variable is a “plus” or a minus”
1. Enter the name of your System #4 and three to six variables or “sub-systems” for System #4.
1. For the variables, or “sub-systems” in System #4, describe each as either a “plus” or a “minus” with a brief explanation of why the variable is a “plus” or a minus”
ADRP 5-0, The Operation Process, states: A problem is an issue or obstacle that makes it difficult to achieve a desired goal or objective. In a broad sense, a problem exists when an individual becomes aware of a significant difference between what actually is and what is desired.
- Identify your organization’s current state, as it relates to your selected problem:
- Identify your organization’s desired end state as it relates to your selected problem:
- Based on your responses above, please identify what is currently preventing your organization from reaching the desired end state:
- If there is a stated Mission statement, is it the right statement and if not what would you change? If there is no stated Mission, what should it say?
- If there is a stated Vision, is it the right vision and if not what would you change? If there is no stated vision, what should it say?
- Are there established and stated Values within your organization? If there are no stated Values, what should they be and why?
- How will you ensure others (Co-workers & supervisor), meet your expectations and you meet their (Co-workers & supervisor) expectations?
- How does your analysis confirm your pre-work Organizational Profile Worksheet is accurate?
- What action can/will you take to influence improvement between current state and desired state?
Below is the screenshot of the actual assignment module where I have to put all the answers. Its just same questions above. ( just for you to see it)
Human Resource Management
Rewards: Rewarding improves employee’s morale and encourages others to put in more effort in their work. In conventional business, world reward is considered the quickest and most effective way to increase employee productivity.
Counselling: Human resource offers frameworks and models that allow open and transparent communication. And this helps in solving underlying issues, grievances between the HR managers and the subordinates. Counselling improves the junior, senior relationship, thus facilitating efficient and effective communication which translates to informed decision-making.
Role Analysis: Assessing employees’ capabilities and abilities before assigning roles determines employee’s performance. Role analysis allows proper execution of tasks which simultaneously boosts work output per production.
Career planning: Employees career growth is of paramount importance to an organization as it ensures talent retention. When an employee is aware of the scalability options through seminars, workshops, and learning development, he /she will be fully committed to the job, thus becoming a reliable asset in the Organization
- Finance and accounting
Purchasing and bookkeeping
Purchasing and bookkeeping: recording purchases help to keep track of the business resources. Maintaining accurate books safeguards the business from losses ensures accountability and validity of the products. It also ensures honest, and transparency prevails in every business transaction.
Inventory: Inventories draw a clear picture of the assets required to run and operate a business. Preparing inventories helps businesses estimate the capital necessitated to un the business and the profit margins.
Fixed Assets: Fixed assets creates certainty and surety in an organization as they boost lending power from financial institutions thus gaining a competitive edge in the market
- Information System
Transaction processing system
Integrated information system
Decision support system
Office information system
Management reporting system
- Transaction processing system: Transaction processing system is an essential variable in the success of a business. This subsystem provides reliable and timely data that enhances better communication in an organization.
Integrated information system: Integrated information system is an artificial empowered subsystem that has become an indispensable tool in the contemporary business world. This subsystem can use provisional data to diagnose human errors, predict financial forecasts, and offer practical advice on critical business decisions.
Decision support system: This subsystem offers robust support to professionals during the decision making process from the onset of the problem to the implementation of the best suitable alternative. Decision Support system is a network of interconnected software applications and hardware that work collaboratively to help managers make informed decisions.
Office Information system: Office management system is an effective and efficient mechanism that allows a smooth flow of information from the top management to the junior level. It offers robust technical and professional support to ensure timely and reliable retrieval of information.
Management reporting system: Management reporting system is a powerful tool that is vital in the running and operation of a business. It is a multifaceted mechanism that tracks the alignment of objectives with the Organization’s mission and the essential elements of success (Paginas, 2020).
- Products and service development system
Testing new products
Developing innovative products
Replacing old services
- Testing new products: Experimenting and testing new services is an integral part of any organization. Through this, companies can adopt the most effective and valuable skills that are important for the growth and success of the Organization.
Developing innovative products: Innovation boosts output per production and allows effective management in an organization as it encourages employees to devise new techniques to make work easier.
Delivering- Depending on the model and market structure, the delivery of a new product can have both a positive and negative impact on the Organization. For instance, if IMCOM ACE introduced online counseling, there would be a massive decline in attendance because historically, army education is conducted face to face. Although IMCOM ACE has made a significant effort in combining technology and the science of command, most of the soldiers have not become fully accustomed to the programs.
- Service management and support system
Complaint handling resolution
- Service delivery: High quality services have a direct and significant impact on organization performance. It ensures that all clients receive appropriate services that satisfy their needs, thus building an excellent client-customer relationship.
Client follow-up: This subsystem is a practical tool that has enormous benefits in IMCOM ACE. In IMCOM, follow-ups are equally crucial as the service itself to make progress. Follow up enhances better communication on the end state and areas that need improvement.
Complaint handling resolution: Complaint handling resolution offers a valuable opportunity for improving customer satisfaction. Solving these problems allows the employees to have an open dialogue with clients, thus facilitating improvement in areas that need immediate modifications.
- At the moment, IMCOM ACE is in a transitionary phase because the Organization is continuously inputting robust effort to align and blend employees’ personalities to form a cohesive and united team that will work collaboratively to achieve the organizational goals.
- The main aim of the Organization is to devise a corporate culture that incorporates the opinions, beliefs, stories of every employee in the firm.
- The main problem facing IMCOM ACE is the inability of the top management to blend in the personalities and temperaments of the employees. This is an ernomous challenge that affects the performance of the Organization from the senior management and the subordinates.
- The mission statement is a critical variable for the success of an organization. The current mission statement supports the Organization’s culture and values to steers the Organization into the desired state.
- The Vision statement sets the direction for the company for a company within a period of five to ten years. At the moment, IMCOM ACE vision draws a clear image of what the Organization aims to achieve in the future. There is no need to alter the vision statement as it matches with the corporate-level strategies.
- Historically IMCOM ACE emphasizes three core values trust, selfless act, and honor. Guided by these values, the Organization provides high quality services to the soldiers and their families. However, the duty to the people and nation is an essential value that emphasizes the need for concerted efforts among the teams to achieve organizational measurables.
- To achieve a healthy and balanced work environment. It is essential to devise proper communication mediums to allow open dialogue about the employees’ expectations to avoid disappointment and underperformance.
- My analysis illustrates an in-depth understanding of organizational complexities and dynamics. Before joining the Organization, I took my time to study and comprehend the mission and vision of IMCOM ACE and how I can actively play my part in ensuring sustainable leadership and innovation.
- Firstly I will install an open communication policy whereby every employee is at liberty to air their thoughts and feelings without reprisal or retaliation.
Paginas. (2020). Management Information Systems. Retrieved from Paginas: https://paginas.fe.up.pt/~acbrito/laudon/index.htm