Assignment 2: Litigation, Censures, and Fines
Due Week 7 and worth 280 points
Researchthe Internet for recent litigation, censures, and fines involvingnational public accounting firms. Examples of litigation cases againstnational public accounting firms include fines by regulatory authoritiesand censures by professional societies.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Analyzethe primary accounting issues which form the crux of the litigation orfine for the firm, and indicate the impact to the firm as a result oflitigation or fine. Provide support for your rationale.
- Examinethe key inferences of corporate ethics related to internal controls andaccounting principles which lead to the litigation or fine for theaccounting firm.
- Evaluatethe primary ethical standards of the accounting organization’sleadership and values which contributed to approval of the accountingissues and thus created the litigation or fines in question.
- Identifyspecific conduct violations committed by the organization andaccounting firm in question. Next, create an argument supporting theactions against the organization and accounting firm, based on thecurrent professional code of conduct for independent auditors andmanagement accountants.
- Makea recommendation as to how regulators and professional societies mayprevent this type of behavior in question for the future. Providesupport for your rationale.
- Use two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Betyped, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APAor school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Includea cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The coverpage and the reference page are not included in the required assignmentpage length.