Assume that you are working as a Project Manager in a reputed construction company planning to develop a project with all Standards in the capital of Oman (Muscat)
1. Prepare a method statement for asphalt permanent reinstatement and create time plans and cost budgets for the same.
2. The case study should be written based on a real construction project which covers about 20 pages based on the details.
1) The front cover of the report should have MEC logo and no page number should appear. It must be in printed form using the following margin spacing (see sample title form) Top: 1.0 inches Left: 1.5 inches Right: 1.0 inches Bottom: 1.0 inches
2) The report must be in black ink and is typed written in the English language using 12 points font of “Times New Roman “, on an A4 size standard paper.
3) The spacing of the lines must be 1.5 inches, using ‘justification’ alignment for the running text, ‘center justification’ for the chapter heading, and ‘left justification for the section heading/sub heading if any.
4) The font used for the chapter number and title is 18 points font; for the sections is 16 points font; and 14 points for sub sections if any.
5) Only one side of the page should be printed and the other side should be blank.
6) The page number should be in the ‘footer’ at the middle. The page number in the ‘Table of Contents’ where there is the ‘List of Tables’, ‘List of Figures’ must be in Roman numerals, (e.g. i, ii, ii,…) and all other pages must be assigned a running Arabic number (1,2,3,…) starting from 1.
7) Every figure and table must have a figure number in an Arabic numeral (e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2, …. and Table 1, Table 2,…). The figure title is centered at bottom of figure. The table name is centered at the top of the table. Appendices are not required in this report.
The Report should contain a minimum of 20 pages with the following sections: Cover Page Table of contents Introduction Literature review Main body of Case Study Conclusions The report should start from the ‘cover page’ to the ‘references’ with the following sections:
1. Cover Page ( refer to sample copy uploaded in the moodle)
2. Table of contents: ‘Table of Contents’ must be in bold upper case size 16 points font in the middle of page (centered) ‘List of Figures’, ‘List of Tables’ (if any) must be in the upper case without bold and use Roman numerals to number the pages. All chapter topics should be written in upper case without bold. Subtopics written in each chapter should be numbered using Arabic numerals and indented one tab.
3. Introduction (Minimum one page)
The introduction sets the context for the report, the background and overview of the report content on the innovative technique used. It summarizes briefly the outline of the entire report and focus on the statement of its objective. It will describe how the report was organized.
4. Literature review(minimum two pages) Discuss briefly about the current construction industry research relevant to the work done in the past from current journals, magazines ,internet source that reflect the leading edge of current development.
5. Main body of report (Case Study) (minimum fifteen pages) Describe the strategy being employed in the innovation in construction aspects and the relations of them in present construction industry. Focus on the facts and identify the problems for implementing innovation in construction. Main body and report Present the breakdown summary of the data gathered for the Present findings in an organized manner. Elaborate the concept of innovation in construction by presenting sub topics relevant to the main topic.
6. Conclusion ( maximum one page) Every report should include a concluding statement regarding the subject matter. State how the principles and methods that can be used for adding value to the process of Innovation in construction. Then the wide range of technology used in construction industry. Also the Knowledge transfer methods in construction industry. Increasing value based on innovation not only for the construction industry but also for society as a whole.
7. References( one page) Report should include the source from website journals and reference books in Harvard CU style of referencing