The organization’s strategic plan you wrote about in Week 2 calls foran aggressive growth plan, requiring investment in facilities andequipment, growth in productivity, and labor over the next five years. It is your responsibility to determine how the U.S economy during thisfive year period will impact such an aggressive growth plan. To do so,you should:
Develop a 2,100-word economic outlook forecast that includes the following:
- Analyze the history of changes in GDP, savings, investment, realinterest rates, and unemployment and compare to forecast for the nextfive years.
- Discuss how government policies can influence economic growth.
- Analyze how monetary policy could influence the long-run behavior ofprice levels, inflation rates, costs, and other real or nominalvariables.
- Describe how trade deficits or surpluses can influence the growth of productivity and GDP.
- Discuss the importance of the market for loanable funds and themarket for foreign-currency exchange to the achievement of the strategicplan.
- Recommend, based on your above findings, whether the strategic plan can be achieved and provide support.