- Institutions that can be defined as ideal types should be viewed by what criteria?
- Identify the five characteristics of bureaucracy?
- In the study of business management, the misrepresentation of the historical facts and figures such as Weber has created a level of accountability. Briefly discuss this in terms of management and the importance of new generations of managers.
- What society sees the world as having a basic order and that order is the way it ought to be?
- Identify one of the key proponents of the administrative management era, and briefly describe the principle or view of the manager in the workplace.
- Which management theory is sometimes called the “traditional school of management”?
- Which managerial mindset is the analytic mindset?
- Which core managerial practice uses a time horizon?
- Explain what it means to have an organizational climate.
- Briefly explain affect regulation.
- In the spectrum of human emotions, how do they play into the role of the affective climate in an organization?
- Which one is one of the ten top collaboration benefits?
- What motivates others to collaborate in the workplace?
- What should a manager consider when establishing a forum for effective collaboration?
- What actions are sought by collaboration behaviors?
1 Over the last decade, there has been ongoing pressure to hold organizations accountable for their actions by establishing different ways to demonstrate their effectiveness. In the recent past, organizations have intensified review and management events, paradigms, and activities associated with financial ratios to determine the organizational theory effectiveness. This criterion focuses on the organizational characteristics, leadership styles, and corporate culture to ascertain the effectiveness of the institutions’ goals and objectives (Kellie & Karen, 2015).
2 According to Max Weber, bureaucracies are future-oriented organizations that share six characteristics. He defined the six elements of bureaucracy as follows: a formal hierarchical structure, management by rules, specialization, division of labor, goal-oriented advancement, efficient organization (Laura, 2018).
3 The evolutionary and historical facts of management shape both students’ and managers’ current and future management perspectives. In the face of free-floating identities, completion, and unattached personalities to historical facts and desire to continually embrace change globally, organizations can alter the core management practices to justify their actions to avoid accountability. From this perspective, managers of the new economy need to be exposed to broader historical representations of management to garner historical awareness that ensures future leaders are unencumbered on a firm foundation. Attachment to various principles fosters creativity and allows managers to align the historical facts with current happenings in the contemporary business environment to derive long-lasting solutions (Stephen & Todd, 2018).
4 The order of things as society views it is a result of influence by the western culture. The modern-day management practices’ historical and evolutionary patterns were orchestrated and designed according to industrialization’s western experience. The current new age managers are the face of western culture and direction. Since industrialization and renaissance era the business culture of companies and institutions has been limited to the western culture with no exceptions (Britannica, 2020).
5 The Fayol’s administrative management theory is founded on a close-knit working relationship between the management and the employees. This theory is anchored on a scientist approach and builds on the limitations of Taylor’s management theory. It boasts a broad and analytical framework that enhances employees’ interactions with the management. In today’s modern world of power, Fayol’s administration theory is still considered applicable and reliable as it is used by the managing personnel in an organization (Kullabs, 2019).
6 The classical management theory is also referred to as the traditional school of management. It t encompasses all the three management theories. Historically, the classical theory’s inventors focused on laying down the organization ideologies and organization features to match the organizational goals and objectives (Comilla University, 2016).
7 The classical management theory is the cornerstone of the analytical and scientific approach perfectly blended to become the oasis of all other management concepts. The classical theory approach is very significant as it boasts three modules that encompass the philosophies and recommendations necessary for the running and operation of effective management. These philosophies include tools and techniques to verify the practicality and functionality of effective leadership. These modules include scientific management, bureaucratic management, and administrative management (Comilla University, 2016).
8 In the recent past management has become salient topic for many scholars, experts and critics. Research studies have shifted focused humanity but also as a science. Therefore it is crucial to know the various proportions that form the management practices are associated with in the lifecycle. For instance, commanding is only reserved for periods when employees are not in sync with their objectives. Furthermore, incentives and giving rewards are a scheduled process that requires a certain period to elapse to determine the work and achievement odd the various employee to reward the organization’s best-improved talent. (MBA Knowledge Base, 2020).
9 Organization climates is a commonly shared opinion of the existing organizational practices, policies, procedures, rewards, and routines. Since the inception of the management concept, the organizational climate has been classified as the critical determinant of an organization’s performance and effectiveness. Organizational climate underpins the transformation of employee experiences and processes that enhances achievement and fulfillment of the organizational goals and objectives. Domains such as the strategic goals and values are enamored in the corporate climate to establish how employees perceive the importance of organizational structures, which simultaneously determines their performance, thus aligning with the organizations’ behavior and objectives (Michael & Myeong, 2017).
10 Affect regulations refers to the shared perceptions of the practices and techniques employed to regulate and control undesirable affect demonstrations that were advocated, rewarded through organizational aspects. Depending on an organization’s nature, employers can be promoted, motivated based on the following distinct affect regulations from a range of more passive, more reactive, and passive to more proactive and active strategies. For instance, in both the service and non-service industry, employees are monitored and supervised by their employees and can face admonition they portray any undesirable effect (Michael & Myeong, 2017).
- A significant climate is an environment where people can display and express their immediate and most conscious thoughts. Human beings undergo a traverse spectrum of thoughts daily. These thoughts are classified into two distinct processing systems that determine the human emotional response: the affective and cognitive systems. The affective system marks the initiation of various emotions such as happiness, pleasure, and contentedness initiated by the sensory information stimulation. In essence, emotions are a significant contributor to the affective environment and increase or decrease performance(Interaction Design Foundation, 2020).
12 One of the significant benefits of collaboration is building trust with the employees and the management team. This institutes a firm and robust foundation for the teammates. Having a trustworthy team creates a strong bond that helps them solve issues when they arise (Eztalks, 2020).
13 Employees are motivated to work together if the organization boosts a rigid-friendly culture that makes all the people comfortable. When an organization supports flexible working conditions, conducive environment, employees are highly likely to endure the varying differences with their teammates (Tracy, 2020).
14 During the initial stages of collaboration, the manager should inform the team members of the team’s purpose. Secondly, the manager must ensure that the team has a perfect balance of the different personalities and capabilities to ensure proper labor division and effective communication. (Esther, 2018).
- Fulfillment of a shared purpose that is part of a larger goal of the organization. Collaboration also heightens performance and increases work output per production. Furthermore, teamwork is an essential facet to developing an organization’s strategic objectives to the diverse network of teams(Jacob, 2020).
Britannica. (2020). Modern Society And World Society. Retrieved from Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/topic/modernization/Modern-society-and-world-society
Comilla University. (2016). ORGANIZATION THEORIES: FROM CLASSICAL PERSPECTIVE. International Journal of Business, Economics and Lwa.
Esther, C. (2018). 8 Collaboration Habits of the World’s Most Effective Managers. Retrieved from Workamajig: https://www.workamajig.com/blog/collaboration-habits-of-managers
Eztalks. (2020). 6 Benefits of Team Collaboration. Retrieved from Eztalks: https://www.eztalks.com/unified-communications/benefits-of-team-collaboration.html
Interaction Design Foundation. (2020). How Emotions Impact Cognition. Retrieved from Interaction Design Foundation: https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/article/how-emotions-impact-cognition
Jacob, M. (2020). The 12 Habits Of Highly Collaborative Organizations. Retrieved from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobmorgan/2013/07/30/the-12-habits-of-highly-collaborative-organizations/?sh=7b39c8613683
Kellie, L., & Karen, M. (2015). Nonprofit Organizational. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 268-296.
Kullabs. (2019). Fayol’s Administrative Management Theory: Concept and Principles. Retrieved from Kullabs: https://kullabs.com/class-12/business-studies-1/principles-of-management/fayol%27s-administrative-management-theory:-concept-and-principles
Laura, R. (2018). Six Characteristics of Bureaucracy. Retrieved from Bizfluent: https://bizfluent.com/list-7472257-six-characteristics-bureaucracy.html
MBA Knowledge Base. (2020). McKinsey’s Three Horizons Framework. Retrieved from MBA Knowledge Base: https://www.mbaknol.com/strategic-management/three-horizons-framework/
Michael, P., & Myeong, S. (2017). THE ROLE OF AFFECT CLIMATE IN. Academy of Management Review, 334-360.
Stephen, C., & Todd, B. (2018). The Relevant Past: Why the History of Management Should Be Critical for Our Future. Academy of Management , 77-93.
Tracy, C. (2020). What motivates people to collaborate with other people? Retrieved from Furureamo : https://futuramo.com/blog/what-motivates-people-to-collaborate/