Planning For Change
Job rotation is the process of shifting a person from one job to adifferent job. As a practical example, Radiology Technologists can workin the emergency room (ER) taking digital images, in the CT departmentperforming CT Scans, or assisting an Interventional Radiologist withminimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treatdiseases. The main advantage of using job rotation is developing anemployee’s skills to conduct more than one job to prevent burn-out andmonotony. A different advantage is having an employee who is versatileand can cover for other employees.
Some organizations have embraced the concept of job sharing. Jobsharing is when two employees perform the work of one full-timeemployee. For example, there can be a situation when a manager has twoloyal employees but one employee is planning on going to school and theother employee has unique family obligations. In this case, the managercan have each employee work 20 hours per week so it is a win-winsituation for all parties involved because the employees will be able tokeep their jobs and the managers will keep their loyal employees.
SLP Assignment Expectations
After doing some research on job sharing, discuss the pros and consto job sharing. Should job sharing be an option for all employees? Is itbeneficial for the organization to allow job sharing? Justify yourresponse. Lastly, write a memo to your employees regarding a new jobsharing policy.
Your paper should be short (2-3 pages, not including the cover sheet,references, and assessment sheet) and to the point. You are expected todeal with these issues in an integrated fashion, rather than treatingthem as a series of individual questions to be answered one by one andleft at that.
You will be particularly assessed on:
- Your completion of all the steps in the exercise.
- Your ability to synthesize information and present a concise and meaningful paper.
- The clarity and quality of your writing.
SLP Assignment Expectations (Structure)
- Make sure that you use your own words (rather than copying sentences from the article).
- Your paper will be graded based on the following criteria:Precision, Clarity, Breadth, Depth, Grammar/Vocabulary, Referencing, andApplication.
- Use 12-point type size (Times New Roman), double-spacing, and one-inch margins. Add a cover page and a references list.
- Cite your sources: APA Style. You may use the tutorial found on the following link (press “view the tutorial”): http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx?apaSessionKey=4532A4A4911C1E8D5E885C141739A382