For this assignment, write a 500–700-word paper in which you complete the following:
- Research three different political parties that exist within the United States. You must research the Democratic and Republican parties, but you may choose any third party (for example, Libertarian, Green).
- Describe two issues in which you are interested (for example, abortion, immigration, death penalty, et cetera), and use the official party Web sites to find the party positions on those issues.
- Compare and contrast the different parties’ approaches to the issues. Consider the following questions:
- What is the position of the Republican, Democratic, and your chosen third party on the policy issues you chose?
- How do these parties define the issues, and what do they think is the appropriate solution or action?
- Summarize your views on the parties’ positions. Address whether your views about the parties and their policies about the issues changed after you researched the parties’ positions.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 500–700 words.
- Resources: Use at least three credible resources from the Capella library and the Internet.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.