Select a publicly tradedcorporation for which you would like to work or are currentlyworking.
Research the corporation on its ownWebsite, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGARdatabase (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml) and any other sources you can find. The annual report will oftenprovide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you: Original work only please.
- Determine the impact of the company’s mission, vision, and primarystakeholders on its overall success.
- Analyze the five (5) forces of competition to determine how they impact thecompany.
- Create a SWOT analysis for the company to determine its major strengths,weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Based on the SWOT analysis, outline a strategy for the company to capitalizeon its strengths and opportunities, and minimize its weaknesses andthreats.
- Discuss the various levels and types of strategies the firm may use tomaximize its competitiveness and profitability.
- Outline a communications plan the company could use to make the strategiesyou recommend above known to all stakeholders.
- Select two (2) corporate governance mechanisms used by this corporation andevaluate how effective they are at controlling managerial actions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of leadership within this corporation and make atleast one (1) recommendation for improvement.
- Assess efforts by this corporation to be a responsible (ethical) corporatecitizen and determine the impact these efforts (or lack thereof) have on thecompany’s bottom line. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipediaand other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page andthe reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignmentare:
- Determine ways in which the vision, mission, and stakeholders of a firmimpact that firm’s overall success.
- Identify how the six segments of the general environment affect an industryand its firms.
- Identify the five forces of competition.
- Analyze the external environment for opportunities and threats that impactthe firm.
- Analyze the internal environment of a company for strengths and weaknessesthat impact the firm’s competitiveness.
- Identify various levels and types of strategy in a firm.
- Predict ways in which corporate governance will affect strategicdecisions.
- Assess the relationship between strategy and organizational structure.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in businessadministration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using properwriting mechanics.