Problem 10-41) Grosvenor Industries has designated $1.2 million for capital investment expenditures during the upcoming year. Its cost of capital is 14 percent. Any unused funds will earn the cost of capital rate. The following investment opportunities along with their required investment and estimated net present values have been identified:
ProjectNet InvestmentNPVProjectNet InvestmentNPVA$200,000$22,000F$250,000.00$30,000.00B$275,000$21,000G$100,000.00$7,000.00C$150,000$6,000H$200,000.00$18,000.00D$190,000-$19,000I$210,000.00$4,000.00E$500,000$40,000J$250,000.00$35,000.00
In your response, complete the following:
- Rank the projects using the profitability index. Considering the limit on funds available, which projects should be accepted?
- Using the NPV, which projects should be accepted, considering the limit on funds available?
- If the available investment funds are reduced to only $1,000,000:
- Does the list of accepted projects change from Part 2?
- What is the opportunity cost of the eliminated $200,000?
Review several of your classmates’ postings. Respond to at least two of your classmates by commenting on common responses in the ranking of the projects and by posing a question to challenge their rankings.