Analyze measures of economic growth, and comparative and absolute advantage in international trade
Research using the CIA World Fact Book, World Bank data, and World Trade Organization. Research its economic, political, and cultural development.
- Compare the following using tables or graphs, for the years between 2009 (the trough of the last economic cycle) and 2015:
- Country GDP per Capita
- Country GDP as a % of World GDP
- Country exports per capita
- Country exports as a % of GDP
- Country exports as a % of World exports.
- Country imports per capita
- Country imports as a % of GDP
- Country imports as a % of World imports (world imports = world exports)
- Determine the stage in the business cycle for Saudi Arabia’s economy.
- Discuss the following for Saudi Arabia:
- At least two products that have provided the country an absolute advantage in trade (if any)
- At least two products that have provided the country a comparative advantage in trade
- Factors that have prevented a country from achieving either
700 words on Saudi Arabia only