Assignment 1: Research Topics with Explanation
Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
Read through the list of research topics (located in the Appendix), or by clicking the link here,on which to write a research paper. Select three (3) topics thatinterest you most and identify two (2) credible sources for each topic.Note: This is one (1) of several parts that will build toward a finaldraft of your persuasive writing research paper.
Here are the topics I want to use……
Should minors who commit violent crimes be tried as adults?
Shouldlaws governing nursing homes be changed?
Shouldrules requiring all members of a jury to agree for conviction be changed?
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Explain the reason for selecting topic one (1), identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
- Explain the reason for selecting topic two (2), identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
- Explain the reason for selecting topic three (3), identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
- Identify and document six (6) credible sources (two (2) foreach topic) that you would expect to use. Note: Wikipedia and otherWebsites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA orschool-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment,the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and thedate. The cover page and the reference page are not included in therequired page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize correct APA documentation and reasons to document and avoid plagiarism.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.