Guidelines for your project
Success in your career will depend greatly on your written and oral communication skills. Our school recognizes the need for students to develop proficiency in these skills, and requires all students to submit a research paper in each class. Topic: Your client just got a large account and needs to upgrade their network from the ground up. They are currently running a 4 node token ring peer to peer network. With this large account, they need to upgrade to an Ethernet network. They need 12 client computers, a file server, and a print server. Price out everything for this. You will need to list what client computers, why, along with what networking hardware you decided they should use, and why, give the cost per piece of hardware include everything but the networking cable. Don’t forget the switch, printer and server, along with everything else. Format:
- Length must be 2000 words and double spaced (excluding illustrations, cover sheet, introduction, conclusion, and references.)
- Margins need to be 1 inch on all sides of your paper, indent half-inch.
- Spacing is as follows; double spaced for normal text, single-spaced for long quotes, single space for references.
- Font size should be 12 Point, Times New Roman
- Format your paper in APA style.
- No less than 4 references must be used. You can use your textbook as a reference as long as you actually use information from it. References must be listed at the end of your paper.
- Cover sheet should include topic, course ID/ Section, name, instructor’s name, and date.
Step by Step Process:
- The outline drawn up should explain what and how you intend to put your paper together. Deadline for this outline is the end of week 5. After the outline is approved, you may proceed with writing your paper.
- Two weeks later, week 7, you will turn in a Rough Draft of your main project. This rough draft will have everything your outline has only it with be in sentence and paragraph form and will not nearly contain the word count that your main paper will have.
- Remember this Project is to be finished and turned in by the end of week 10. If it is not turned in by the deadline, you will receive a zero for your paper.
- Following all of the requirements carefully will help you to gradually work your way up to a quality college paper.
Citing Sources: All works and illustrations used in your paper must be cited; this means crediting the source where you found the information you used to support your work. If you fail to give credit for copyrighted information you present as your own work, that constitutes plagiarism. You will be penalized by a zero for the paper and further measures may be taken. Use APA format. This project can be no more than 20% cited (word for word).Remember if you are found in violation of Plagiarism. You should be citing both work used, source material used to support your research project, and works consulted, any sources that you looked at there were not “usable” ( this allows for credit for all research).Keep in mind that the more you explore about the topic, the stronger your knowledge will become. I know that it can be difficulty to keep motivated and to push forward with research, but the end result will be a better understanding of the material.
I’m going to need the outline separate, and the rough draft separate, and the final paper thanks. if you have any question let me know.