Planning For Change
Employees can be unpredictable and it is helpful to always beprepared for the worst. Thus, planning is very important when dealingwith volatile employees. Succession planning is a process foridentifying and developing internal employees with the potential to fillkey leadership positions in an organization. Imagine the CFO of yourorganization quitting without any prior notice. Who would be able totake over such a critical role? Many organizations are ill-prepared forsuch organizational dilemmas. Succession planning must include awell-designed employee development system to reach its potential. Havinga pipeline of employees who are adequately trained with the knowledge,skills, and abilities (i.e., KSAs) of replacing key employees ismandatory for organizational effectiveness.
Drawing on the material in the background readings and doingadditional research, please prepare a 3-5 page paper (not including thecover and reference pages) in which you:
- Analyze the aging workforce from a human resource professionalperspective and discuss the added value of having an aging workforcewhen recruiting new talent. Also, what impact will an aging workforcehave on an organization’s overall image?
- With a significant amount of baby boomers retiring, prepare adetailed and comprehensive succession plan for your organization.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following points:
- Precision – Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
- Clarity – Is the writing clear and the concepts articulatedproperly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary meansof response to the questions, or are excessive use of quotations howthoughts are conveyed? Are headings included in all papers greater than2 pages?
- Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject addressed?
- Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth?
- Grammar, spelling and vocabulary – Is the paper written well – isthe grammar, spelling, and vocabulary suitable to graduate level work?
- Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paper use citations and quotation marks when appropriate?
- Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically, i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?
Assignment Expectations (Structure)
- Make sure that you use your own words (rather than copying sentences from the article).
- Your paper will be graded based on the following criteria:Precision, Clarity, Breadth, Depth, Grammar/Vocabulary, Referencing, andApplication.
- Use 12-point type size (Times New Roman), double-spacing, and one-inch margins. Add a cover page and a references list.
Cite your sources: APA Style. You may use the tutorial found on the following link (press “view the tutorial”): http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx?apaSessionKey=4532A4A4911C1E8D5E885C141739A382