Research and read about the “Triple Constraint.”
Prepare a 2 page double spaced paper that discusses the following:
- Many projects are challenged by the triple constraint. In your own words, explain the triple constraint and how it impacts projects. Provide an example of the triple constraint in a real project. In addition, explain whether meeting time, cost, and scope constraints are good indicators of project success. Finally, you are a major stakeholder in this class. As a stakeholder, what do you expect in order for the class to be a success – i.e. what are your success criteria?
Assignments will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Content: the writing showed that you understood the questions the instructor asked, you have delivered a well-written paper with an appropriate introduction and conclusion. You can use pictures and graphics to enhance your assignment. However, it is best to leave them out if they do not add to the content of your assignment.
- Instructions: you followed all the instructions.
- Formatting: the document is professional and formatted correctly. The assignment will specify the accepted length of the paper. You should always include your name on the assignment as well as the title of the assignment.
- Citations and References: If you used external references, the full reference is in the proper format with the necessary information. You cited those references appropriately within the content of your paper. If you use external references, you MUST include the full reference. You also need to cite the source within your paper. For citations, you can either directly quote the source when the author has something profound to say or you can reword the information from the source when the author has a unique idea. In either case, give credit to the author for the quotation or the unique idea but the bulk of your paper should be you expounding on the author’s ideas with your own words and ideas. Do not over-cite your paper. You should research the topic, process the information you learn, present your response to the assignment in your own words, and support that response with citations from your sources. Do not cite every sentence/paragraph of your assignment.
- Spelling and Grammar – there are few or no spelling or grammar errors. Everyone makes mistakes; therefore, you will receive full points if there are minimal spelling and grammar errors. Use correct spelling and grammar. The instructor does check for spelling and grammatical errors. The instructor will not correct spelling and grammar for you, but you will lose points if it is not correct.