Careers in Finance
Finance is an exciting field in needof intelligent, skilled people. The job opportunities range from corporatefinance; financial planning; investment banking; insurance; and real estate fromindividuals, institutions, government, and businesses. Finance managers acquire,spend, and manage money and other financial assets.
Use the Internet and/ or Strayer Resource Center to research career options within the field offinance. Consider the Bureau of Labor Statistics Website, and the Websites offinance professional associations such as the Association for FinancialProfessionals (AFP), Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP), TheNational Association for Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), and FinancialManagement Association International (FMA).
Write a two to three (2-3)page paper in which you:
- Describe two (2) financial career options that an individual with a financeeducation might pursue and explain the value that such a position adds to acompany.
- Explain the essential skills that would make a person successful in each ofthe described positions.
- Recommend one (1) of the career options. Identify the most attractivefeatures of the position.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page isnot included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignmentare:
- Describe the forms of business organizations and the role of financialmanagers within an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in finance.
- Write clearly and concisely about finance using proper writing mechanics.