Visit http://www.apa.org/science/leadership/care/index.aspx to access the website, which explains the goal of the APA’s Committee on Animal Research and Ethics.
Visit http://www.apa.org/science/leadership/care/guidelines.aspx to access the website, examine the guidelines developed by the American Psychological Association’s Committee on Animal Research and Ethics (CARE).
Then, visit http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/ to read an alternative point of view from the animal rights perspective. Answer the following questions:
- What is your opinion about using animals for research?
- Was your opinion affected by the readings for this assignment?
- Under what circumstances, or for which types of research projects, would you advocate the use of animals in research?
- Do you think the use of advanced technology, such as fMRI, will eventually make animal testing obsolete?
- What safeguards do you think would be needed in order to protect participants in studies using neuroimaging methods?
Your response should be at least 2 pages long and should include at least two scholarly references.
My opinion is that animals should NEVER be used in research or for testing products etc.