For this week’s assignment, you will write a 1-2 page essay about criminal behavior. Be sure to address all prompts and cite your sources in APA format. This is worth 100 points, so be thorough and give your best effort.
There are many theories which attempt to explain criminal behavior. Human behavior is very complicated. There are many theories because no single theory can explain every type of behavior exhibited. Instead of focusing on specific criminal behavior, examine why people do not engage in crime. To prepare for this week’s graded activities, please review the study guide for this week. It will give you a brief summation of the material for this lesson. This is not a comprehensive list of the information, so you will still need to read the textbook.
For this week’s individual work, please respond to the following question:
- How would you explain why a person, who may have some of the individual conditions or disorders discussed in the chapter, as well as negative family and community influences, refrains from becoming a violent offender?
This essay should include the following:
- An in-depth submission that should be free of spelling and grammar errors and is 1-2 pages in length.
- You will be assessed on the rationale you use in addressing the questions/issue posted, and how well you justify your argument regarding this issue.
- Your response must be thought-provoking, have well-developed ideas, and should reference (per APA) any supporting material from the text, lecture, or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
- Please remember that your individual work should be paraphrased. This means you must write the paper in your own words. You must not simply find an article and cut and paste it and submit it as your assignment.
- In addition, you should use scholarly resources to support your claims. Quotations are acceptable, but should be used sparingly. At least 85% of your paper should be written in your own words. Citing your work and giving authors appropriate credit is very important. If an idea is not your own, you must cite your work – this includes paraphrasing. (Please refer to the school’s plagiarism policy for more information).